Saturday, November 20, 2010

Twice New - Shabby Chic bedroom for Wormie



Wormie needed a bedroom suite when she changed apartments in July. I had just redone her bedroom at our house (the fall before...I think I blogged it but never published pictures as promised...maybe I will when my new camera cable comes in) with the bedroom suite Big Daddy made for her. (It's a Japanese platform bed that I dearly love!) Her room at our home is so cute she decided not to take it away from me..quite yet. Even though she knows I wouldn't have minded.
The focus the new room??? It would be Shabby Chic.
We took an old bed, dresser and nightstand. (Mine and Big Daddy's)
Sanded.
1st coat of paint was periwinkle blue.
2nd/3rd coat was eggshell white antique.
Sanded corners to antique enough to make shabby.
Sealed with lacquer.
Changed out hardware to make it chic.
Added iKea bedding. Love, love LOVE it! She did a great job picking that out! :)

Accessories from Garden Ridge.
It was a long, long project in a very hot garage....does anyone remember the heat index in July? I sure do! But it was worth it after it was all signed, sealed and delivered.
Pictures doesnt really do it justice.
If we could talk Wormie into blogging with us..she could have put this one on her blog. Blog wormie...Please blog with us.
2Shaye will be moving into an apartment in the fall....she has already decided that we will find her an old, well loved suit...and rock it out in her own specific style. We love projects that challenge us. Also remember...we love Twice New...especially 2Shaye.

3 comments:

courtsimms said...

love her bedroom in her new apartment. i can't wait to style my own up! and twice new is alwayyyyyys amazing. twice new is like the theme to our christmas this year. :) im excited.. i hope it stays this way.

Ashley said...

I Loveeee my room too! =) We did a wonderful job! All 3 of us but id have to say mom did a MAJORITY of the work! Thanks ma!! Cant wait to start courts projects!!!!! =)

Gingy said...

How awesome is that! LOVE love love it! So pretty!