Thursday, January 22, 2009

AP Biology....what the heck!

So....2Shaye had this huge AP Biology project that was due today.....she had spent hours upon hours working on this book that she had to turn in as her end of semester project. They had to write a book that would clearly discuss the 6 Kingdoms...such as Protista, Animalia, Plantae, etc.... She chose to do an interactive children's book. I so wished she had taken pictures of this project since she dedicated so much time (and it was dag gone cute as you can make biology kingdoms) .... but she was so glad to be finished she didn't want to remember any of it. The name of her book was called... Keys to the Kingdoms....and every page had to be hand drawn and hand written. She had castles, keys, stick figures and all kinds of fun things most kids would love to read about. It was an interactive book with flaps cut out to lift up to reveal answers underneath. Big Daddy assisted her with the razor knife....since he left to go to the Wake game with the tools she needed....to cut the flaps. I felt bad about leaving her up finishing this project alone (now had she blown most of it off till the last minute I would have gone to bed and left her alone in her misery but in all fairness she did spends hours and hours detailing all of this work). So I stayed with her.....until 4am.....and she did allow me some crayola time. You would think after 47 years I would be tired of coloring but I'm not..... 2Shaye and I went to bed at 4.... and I was already sick from a nasty cold... so when the alarm went off 1 hour after I crawled in the bed.... i set it for 8:15....to call in because my head was pounding and my throat was terrible.....and I was so sleep deprived that I just simply was miserable and knew I would not be productive had I gone in. So I tanked up on cold meds and crawled back in the bed. 2Shaye got up and turned in her project to a teacher she is less than fond of...but got the compliment that her book was one of the unique projects she had seen.... guess that's good coming from someone that doesn't seem to care for 2Shaye or anyone in her class for that matter.

Big Daddy had no idea I had stayed at home today.....he always leaves for work before I get out of bed...but every morning before he leaves he always comes and tells me all the sweet things that help me get through each day....and this morning I had no idea he even woke me ....he said...he was trying to talk to me and I rolled over in the middle of his morning rituals of 'sweet nothings'. I apologized and told him I was just so tired and sickly that I had no recollection of him even speaking to me. When I told him we pulled an all-niter....he goes 'WE'......and I broke the news to him.... I told him that it was apparent that 2Shaye would need me in college to help her color so I was building up stamina for college in the fall and that I would have to go away with 2Shaye because I'm not sure I can handle her leaving me. ;)

Note to 2Shaye: Pay all of these times we spend together.....the late hours doing homework or late night talks or just the time we spend together when the house has fallen asleep and left us up.... forward to your babies if you choose someday to have them.... they are more rewarding than you'll probably realize at the time. I am...and will always be....your biggest fan....that is as long as you allow me the privilege to color with you until 4am....even if it is biology pictures of warts and fungus....... ILU

2 comments:

Jenny Lynn said...

I hope you're feeling better!

It so awesome that yall have that relationship. I have that kind of relationship with my mom and we have stayed that way even through me going to college and getting married.

I know 2Shaye loves you more than anything :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

I'm a weiny...I will do anything for my kids but I CANNOT make it until 4am....she will NEVER forget that. Let us know what she makes!!