Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Go Cards...but mostly a BIG thanks for the Graham support

Tonight we spent the evening sitting on the hard bleachers at East Surry High School where the Xbox Junkie and 2Shaye's teams had their way with the Golden Eagles from Surry Central. Their games turned out a big win for each of them. They both played well.....and we were proud as always. Go Cards #14 and #20!

So.... what made tonight different and more special than a typical game????? We had some dear friends show up tonight....mainly to support 2Shaye. And I'm not talking fans that decided to drive across town to a neighborhood gym.... I'm talking fans that drove all the way from Graham just to watch her play....IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK at that! Big Daddy and I want to sincerely thank the Graham Crakas (JSC squared) and along with Worker Man's parents, AC and MC for being there and being so supportive of 2Shaye. It's not everyday that folks give up a few hours of road time just to travel to a high school basketball game when they don't even have a child playing.... SO BIG BIG BIG Thanks for that!

.....and while I am being Thankful...let me also be apologetic..... I am truly sorry that I did not make it over to say a proper "hello"...... I had a long lost friend that lives in Dobson (the opposing enemy) show up to talk to me during halftime of 2Shaye's game.... and the music was blaring so loudly during the guy's varsity warm ups that I had planned to scoot over during their halftime.... but the Graham Fans left before the guy's half due to the long ride home and probably snagging dinner......so let me tell you .... I am truly TRULY sorry that I did not get an opportunity to talk to each of you in person. I would have excused myself from talking to my buddy and made my way to see you.... had I realized you were leaving.... again... I am sending my sincerest apologies to each one of you for that.

Also...... Thanks to all of you for taking care of 2Shaye when she comes to Graham to visit Sam..... She loves each one of you and we are thankful you all have taken her in and treated her like your family. We can never thank you enough for that!

Sending our love back to Graham!!!

2 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

WOW! I feel like a celebrity! If you think coming to a game was big stuff, just wait until I show up at the wedding!!:)

No worries at all about the game and seeing us. We are easy! Never gave it a thought. Hey, you have two kids playing and lots going on. I remember those days fondly, and I miss them. So, you keep cheering for your kids. You've done a great job! We have loved getting to know 2Shaye...she is a doll! She makes it easy to love her. We hope to see another game. Go Cards!!

Jenny Lynn said...

Girl, you're crazy!!!

We had a good time and we're so excited that we got to see her play. I hate we had to leave but because I'm old and married now, 10pm is pushing my bedtime.

We'll see you soon :)