Wednesday, February 11, 2009

me and my guys.....And James Bond

So this weekend was a continuation of a new trend at our house…..just me and my guys. It seems that we are gravitating to more and more weekends with just Big Daddy, the Xbox Junkie and me. Might as well get used to it…it is going to be the way of the future.

This was the latest weekend with me and my guys..... except the Xbox Junkie wasn't buying into our idea of entertainment.... although he and I did have a battle with guitar hero on Saturday night. He hung out with us some...but found other things to do and avoid the marathon that was taking place before his eyes. Poor guy!

After we returned home from 2Shaye and the Xbox Junkie’s games on Friday night, Big Daddy goes to his chair, grabs the remote and settles in. Our tastes in TV shows are on different ends of the entertainment spectrum….I am a HGTV addict and he loves….well…ESPN, the History Channel, the Travel Channel, Ultimate fighting, any Rocky movie, anything James Bond or any action movies similar to those…AND that he’s seen at least 1001 times. Once he settles in on his TV show selection of the night… ultimate fighting… .I sweetly turn to him and say as graciously as I can say it...."Baby I really don’t wanna watch that crap tonight…can’t you find us a James Bond movie or something else?” On a side note: I don’t mind a James Bond movie every now and then….especially if it’s Sean Connery…because I have always had a crush on him….from 007 to King Arthur…..I can watch him over and over. 2nd side note: Big Daddy and I even went to the movies afew months ago… my idea….to see Quantum of Solstice the latest James Bond movie… Sad part we went to the late, late show…and we both ended up falling asleep…. So we’ll definitely have to rent that when it comes out… Just glad we woke up before the movie was over…yelp we are losers! Ok..back to the real story…. So as soon as I let the James Bond movie suggestion out of my mouth…he went to his encore stations and low and behold…..it was a "BOND UNBOUND" weekend. He had hit the jackpot....and it was all my fault. So I decided at that very moment…I would not complain and I would just see how many 007 movies he could handle over the weekend. Now keep in mind that Big Daddy hates to sit around the house all weekend and watch TV unless its an ACC weekend….so in between times of his laundry chores, cleaning, working outside…he would come in and resume his position in front of the Bond Unbound channel. I kept busy …and didn’t say anything about the TV all weekend…but when he would sit down to watch…I would plop down too and act interested. I was thankful Wake played at home on Sunday afternoon because he and I went to th game and it gave us (errr me) a break from James Bond because on Sunday it more Roger Moore than my beloved Sean Connery. We came back home…. More BOND…. Until at 10pm …when I finally broke. I took control of the remote and turned it to HGTV…ahhhh! I did learn some trivia tho….before every movie they would give out movie trivia….. I will share SOME of the trivia I learned…most I have forgotten at this point…..goes back to being old….and will list the movies we watched in their entirety….needless to say we did not get through all 22 movies ..but he did give it a valiant effort. And of course…some we watched 2 times since the were running non-stop. It was hard to not double up since we were still trying to be productive around the house.

From Russia with Love
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me
For Your Eyes Only
Thunderball
Dr. NO
Moonraker
Diamonds are Forever
On her Majesty's Secret Service
Licence to Kill


Trivia
Jill St. John was first American citizen Bond Girl in a 007 movie.

The last James Bond movie seen by JKF before his death was From Russia with love.

James Bond is a Navy Commander.

Jane Seymour was a Bond girl.

Sean Connery made about 1.3 million as James Bond….unheard of salary.

Sean Connery bought the moon buggy in the Diamonds are Forever movie for 54K.

Paul McCartney wrote Live and Let Die for the movie.

Sean Connery wears a toupee in all the James Bond movies....it doesnt even matter...look at this picture....he's a fine secret agent!


The phrase ‘Bond, James Bond’ is one of the top 100 movie lines of all time.

There have been 6 actors who have played James Bond….of which the ONLY one For My EYES Only….is Sean Connery and he played in 7 of them. And as ‘active’ as James Bond is in the movies…no wonder they had to change out actors! So many bond girls….so little time.

There have been a total of 22 James Bond movies.

Dr. No was the first Bond movie in 1962

1 comment:

Jenny Lynn said...

Holy Cow! I'm amazed. I honestly don't think I could have lasted that long. I like James Bond movies but that's a lot of James Bond! I'm impressed with your memory! You'll have to remind me to tell you the fabulous story about me falling asleep at the movies while Worker Man and I were engaged.

And, by the way...I've never seen a picture of the young Sean Connery but HOLY MOLY! He IS good looking!