Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Love

Big Daddy and I decided that instead of the typical gift giving on Valentine's Day.....we would simply eat dinner by a candle after Xbox's game. Simple and sweet. He knows I would not want any other Valentine than him....and I'm pretty darn sure the feeling is mutual.

About 2am as I waking up from a fitful dream (as I have said before...no one dies peaceful in their sleep....some boogie is about to get them and their heart is beating 200 bpm just like mine was that night). Anyway I got up to get a glass of water to try and get the spookywebs out of my head before I tried to go back to sleep. On the way to the kitchen...I spied the girl's candy that I had bought to mail for them.....but didn't...such a bad mama! In that bag was a box of these.....Charms Blow Pops in a cute valentine box....all 3.00 worth of a gift!

Big Daddy loves these suckers and I had bought them prior to our deciding to only exchange love and not gifts. So I just decided to put them out on the counter beside the coffee pot.



When I got up.....he had that..."I thought we had a deal" look. I told him I had bought those weeks ago....and couldn't stand NOT to give them to him. So he quickly opens the box....and hand me the first one and said.... "I'll give you the first one because those are always the best one....and I'll give you the last one when I've finished the others.... since you always save the best things for last". That is in true Big Daddy style....always giving to me...the best part of anything he has.

Before we left for Xbox's basketball game..... he had made me this....It was actually bright pink like the outline all over..not sure what happened when I uploaded the picture.

As simple as this day was.....I truly felt loved and had be best Valentine Day ever! From now on....simple candle lit dinners and hand made cards!



1 comment:

courtsimms said...

seriously.
i am IN LOVE with the fact that daddy is so sweet and such a hopeless romantic. :) even after all these years! :):):):):)

sam's got a lot to live up to!!