Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The best laid plans of mice and men...........

.....often go astray!

That happens to be one of my Dad's favorite and often used quotes of all time. Tonight..it was my turn to use it!



Before dinner, Big Daddy and Xbox were carrying on about who was gonna take the tickets to the Wake vs. Duke game on Saturday afternoon. It turned into a playful tussle.......with Big Daddy telling Xbox that he was taking me....and Ryan begging to go. They were wrestling around.....and talking about who was going with who....making big plans. You see....even as bad as Wake is this year....they are still big Wake fans. So yes...they are true fans...even in the lean years. I'm still struggling with the thoughts of how much the season tickets were.....even though Big Daddy knew it would be a bad year. He just wants us to be able keep the seats that we've worked up to get over the past 10 years.....for when we have an empty nest and have time to enjoy the games when it's just him....and me. As they were 'arguing' about who was going to the game....Xbox's school mom (one of my truest friends who works at the school) called to tell me that their game scheduled for Friday night had been moved until ....you guessed it..... Saturday afternoon.

Xbox was not happy about missing the game...and just said... 'noooooooooooo'. Big Daddy said...that's ok...I have a better game to watch now. Spoken like a true Xbox fan! :)

Big Daddy pipes up 'I guess I can sell these tickets' to which I replied....To WHO...no Wake fan will pay money to see that slaughter. He said...well maybe plenty of Dukies would like to buy them. This might be the first time the Joel is packed with more Duke fans than Wake fans.

Best laid plans of Xbox and Big Daddy often go astray!

1 comment:

courtsimms said...

really awesome post. i was smiling the whole time!!

love it all.
love you!!