Monday, May 18, 2009

24 Years with Big Daddy

Big Daddy and I recently celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary (May 11). And it is a true fact .... I love him so much more today than I did the day I took his last name. Although we acknowledge this day as one of our most special celebratory days....we both consider our First Date Anniversary as the one we hold closest to our hearts. We always eat the same food as that night ...and sometimes watch the same movie (although the movie isn't really that funny anymore) ... its just what we chose to see that night..and tradition is.....well ...just tradition. And if I told you what it was... you might think we were freaks...so I'll leave it at that. This past October 29th marked 30 years since he picked me up at 5:45 . We were rival high school sweethearts and we both knew very early in.... what we both wanted but it seemed like it took forever to get old enough and the jobs to make it happen...he even gave me a box filled with Patience one year for Christmas...wise guy :-\

As we were reflecting back over the past 24 years... his comment this year was very romantic! "If the next 24 years pass as fast as these did.... we're in trouble" WOW Big Daddy!



I got flowers this year...which is unusual because typically I get them on the First Date Anniversary with the number of years it has been...and a card that simply says... "Meet me at 5:45". Is that sappy enough for you 2Shaye and Graham Craka?? :) These flowers look almost identical to the ones in our wedding...except they were a tad more pink....did he remember??? I'm not so sure...I'm thinking he lucked out. But one thing always remains constant.... since the first flower he ever gave to me...he has always told me the same thing when I thanked him.... " I grew them from a seed.... just for you." I have never found that flower garden ...nor do I want too.... but I know it MUST exist...right???....SURE it does! My mom said I was gonna marry a red-headed farmer...and moms are usually right! ;) Shhhh.... I think Sam knows about the garden....I heard him say the same thing not too long ago!

He's still the one!!

1 comment:

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a sweet post. What a sweet man. The movie thing will bug me, but I won't bug you about it. I'll just ask J.L.!!:)