Monday, December 6, 2010

The Simmons Grinch!

Xbox made me something in shop class for Halloween. I have just found it sitting in the garage because it was a tad unfinished. The moment I saw it ... I was in love!
Big Daddy even admired his work. Xbox had painted it Red (which worked out well since long past October). After a few minutes of pondering....we decided to put a Santa hat on it...and display it in our home along with all of our other beloved Christmas decorations. I had to display it...it was a belated gift from Xbox...and his first real work of art! It still needs a small hole drilled in the back to put in a strand of Christmas lights to make it complete....but I love him...just the way he is.
So I stuffed a Santa hat and sat it on top of my new obsession....but I thought it looked a tad mean for a Santa...so Big Daddy said .....It MUST be 'The official Simmons' Grinch'. He will be a permanent fixture in our house from Oct - Jan!
What do you think?



3 comments:

courtsimms said...

loveeee it! add christmas lights! add christmas lights! add christmas lights!!

Sarah said...

i thinkk this is an amazing idea.
veryy orginial
i love it.

Gingy said...

Totally love this! I do believe you have a new tradition!